Let Main Line Kitchen Design Help You Avoid Kitchen Design Mistakes
Below is a list of the 10 worst ways to go about designing your new kitchen. The list was compiled from a LinkedIn dialog among professional kitchen designers. Thanks to all the kitchen designers that contributed their expertise and years of experience to come up with these top answers. Some of the anecdotes they told were hilarious, but that’s another blog all together. Hope you gain some insight from our list…and of course …….Bon Appetit! -Paul
1) Design your kitchen yourself and then price out that unprofessional design many places.
2) Pay an architect to design your kitchen.
3) Purchase the appliances you are getting first and design around them.
4) Keep your existing floor plan exactly as it is now.
5) Hire the cheapest contractor.
6) Get your permits then layout the cabinets.
7) Don’t use fillers or flat stock in your design to allow for the ceiling and walls being out of square or out of level.
8) Make plans dependent on your kitchen being completed in an unrealistic time frame.
9) Rely on kitchen cabinetry information from Consumer Reports.
10) Design and buy your kitchen from IKEA
Other blogs on kitchen design mistakes: